Working together with :
Nestrans is the Regional Transport Partnership for the City of Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire area.
Nestrans's vision is for “A transport system for the north east of Scotland which enables a more economically competitive, sustainable and socially inclusive society.”
The Getabout partnership includes members from the regional transport partnership Nestrans, Aberdeen City Council, Aberdeenshire Council, The Energy Savings Trust, NHS Grampian, Robert Gordon University and University of Aberdeen, Jame Hutton Institute and North East Scotland College.
Working together, the partners want to promote a healthy and sustainable transport choices for everybody travelling within the region and beyond. All take steps to make active and sustainable forms of transport more accessible for their staff, their users and everybody in the north east of Scotland.
The Getabout website includes information on travel choices and planning your journey as well as joining the Getabout Liftshare scheme.
Nestrans is available to support and encourage travel planning and travel awareness to organisations and can offer advice and guidance to help you develop your own Travel Plan. The Nestrans Sustainable Travel Grants Scheme supports the development of Travel Plans and travel awareness in Aberdeen City and Shire.
Organisations can apply for up to £10,000 in matched funding to support sustainable transport initiatives. Additional credit can be given to applications where:
- A Travel Plan has already been drawn up for the organisation,
- A detailed travel survey has been carried out,
- Complementary control measures (e.g. parking controls) are planned or already in place; and
- Innovation, environmental benefit and/or value for money are demonstrated.
Any organisation based in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire can apply for funding towards measures aimed at supporting the development of more integrated and more sustainable transport. Applications can be made on behalf of:
- Any business or other organisation, including charities, not for profit and public sector agencies, based in or operating in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire;
- A specific workplace or section within such a business or other organisation;
- Commercial or public service premises (not a private residence) currently attracting visitors or customers by car.
Since its launch the Sustainable Travel Grants Scheme has provided funding to support schemes implementing measures such as improved pedestrian access, secure cycle parking and a shuttle bus.
Find out more about Nestrans and its work in addressing sustainable transport and travel issues by visiting www.nestrans.org.uk or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Archibald Simpson House
27-29 King Street